We invest in both established and emerging companies that present clear opportunities to create value. These investments often take the form of:
We will acquire 100% of a company that has future growth potential under a new ownership structure.
We provide the owners of family-owned, closely-held, over-leveraged, or under-capitalized businesses with liquidity while allowing them to retain significant ownership and day-to-day operational control. As in every transaction, we are committed to preserving each company’s culture and legacy.
Growth Equity Investments
We make strategic equity investments in companies seeking to finance rapid growth. Equity capital is typically provided to expand operations, enhance sales & marketing, invest in new products, or make strategic acquisitions.
We partner with management teams to help them acquire the businesses they operate. Post acquisition, these management teams can pursue organic and acquisitive growth strategies with increased operating autonomy and meaningful equity ownership.
Independent Sponsor Transactions
We provide capital to independent sponsors in order to consummate the acquisitions they originate.
We make private equity investments in a number of industries, including but not limited to:
- Industrials / Infrastructure / Manufacturing / Distribution
- Software / IT
- Technology-Enabled Business Services
- Financial Services and Specialty Finance
- Specialty Retail / Consumer
- Agriculture / Aquaculture
- CleanTech / Renewable Energy / Environmental Services
- Energy / Natural Resources / Infrastructure
While we are highly flexible concerning investment size and style, the companies we invest in tend to have the following characteristics:
- Revenues in excess of $15 million
- Sustainable margins
- Substantial growth potential
- Experienced management team in place or identified
- Willingness to partner with an active investor
- Attractive competitive positioning with compelling downside protection through real assets, intellectual property, long-term contracts, or recurring revenue business models